Thursday, August 11, 2011

What Happened?

I'll tell you what happened. I got so used to being busy as a student, I forgot how to be busy as a regular person. Seriously. I don't know what to do with myself and all this "free/no-homework-having" time available to me. I'm on path to create my own structure. And it's harder than I thought. 


 My new job as an independently contracted social worker is teaching me how to structure my own time. I'm not on a regular Monday through Friday, 9 to 5 pm office schedule. The flexibility can be lovely!...except, I'm not so used to it and am having to adjust to being my own boss, essentially. For example, I've been staying up late every night and sleeping until 9 o'clock every morning, because I have nothing really to get me up at a certain hour. Some may say, how lucky! 


No schedule! 

No need to wake up in the early hours of the morning! 


And to that, I say, it is pretty nice to not be required to get up early to get to a job at a certain hour. But, it has its down sides. It makes me feel unproductive, but a big part of that is simply that my work is not very busy right now. I just interviewed for a second job that would make me quite a bit busier, if I got hired. Actually, if I got the job, I would go from lots and lots of down time to not very much at all, and I'm all for that. I'm used to that, as a student. 


And now's the time to be a busy worker bee and make work my life. I need the money and I got the time. If I don't get a second job right now, then some other form of structure will be put in place. I can only handle so much down time.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete