I have a wonderful family who loves and supports me in all that I have done and do.
I have friends (though I don't have a social life with my friends because they are all married with children).
I have my health.
I have shelter.
I have my very own house, for goodness sakes.
Ironically, though, the house is the main source of my unhappiness. I never wanted to buy a house. It was never, literally, NEVER in my plans. But I felt like I should be on my own again, and apartment living is NOT my cup of tea and is also a waste of money when you can own (so they told me). Ultimately, I do believe it was the smarter choice, but it is a source of major concern and stress for me on daily basis. I knew I couldn't really afford a house all to myself and I was right.
I was up late last night entering all my bills into a spreadsheet against what my income is and I was in the RED. How the real estate and bank world ever let me buy a house is beyond my understanding. I don't make that much money at all. I owe a HUGE amount of money to the government from student loans. How did little ol' me ever get approved to buy a house?!
This is why the housing crisis occurred in the country, and more specifically, my city. Yet, here I sit, in my one of three bedrooms I now "own," typing this little entry. I say "own" because no one really ever "owns" anything when you have to borrow money to buy something. I don't own my car. And I definitely don't own this house, really. I won't for another thirty years. What I need to do is get two roommates and let them pay my mortgage. That would be awesome and really, what I NEED to do.
I'm on a mission to find some homeless people.
No comments:
Post a Comment